Data Protection Policy Hull's School
Our guiding principle
Hull School Website
You can visit our website without disclosing your identity. When you access our website, however, the browser you use automatically sends information to our website’s server and temporarily stores it in a log file. This information does not reveal your identity, however.
Data collection and processing when visiting the Hull’s School website or when you get in touch with one of our employees
If you contact our employees online, by e-mail, telephone or in person, we collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This may also include information on your interest in regard to the Education program as well as other Services. In addition, we may analyze conversations and feedback in order to tailor our offer as precisely as possible to our customers. We also use this information to continuously improve the quality of our services and adapt them to current situations. The legal basis for the collection and processing of personal information is the legal business interest of Hull’s School.
Use of Google Analytics and cookies on our website
For our website we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help analyse how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to evaluate your activities on our website. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google under any circumstance.
To protect against unauthorized data processing, a security strategy is applied in compliance with the principle of proportionality. This consists of technical measures (e.g. password protection), organizational measures (e.g. instructions to employees in the form of rules, guidelines and instructions on how to handle data) and structural measures (e.g. spatial access to data processing systems).
All data transmitted electronically by you is transmitted using the generally accepted and secure standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer). We furthermore use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data stored with us against destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. Our security concept is continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Storage of personal data
Hull’s School stores personal data for as long as required for the provision of the service, until revoked or as required by law. In addition, you will find a description of your right to delete your personal data under “Your rights” below.
Transmission of personal data to third parties
The personal data collected and stored by us will under no circumstances be used by us for sale or commerce. Nor do we simply pass on your personal data to third parties, unless we are legally obligated to do so. Data may be passed on, for example, to assert, exercise and defend legal claims or to clear up any unlawful use of our website. We are moreover legally obligated to provide information to certain public authorities upon request. These include, for example, law enforcement authorities. This type of disclosure of personal data is based on our legitimate interest in combating abuse, prosecuting criminal offences and securing, asserting and enforcing claims. Your data will also be passed on if you have provided your consent to this.
In your capacity as data subject in the meaning of national and international data protection laws, you have the rights described below. To assert these rights, please contact us at Hull’s School, Seehofstrasse 3, 8008 Zürich.
- Right of revocation: Your consent previously provided to us can be revoked at any time. If you do so, we will not continue processing data based on this consent in the future.
- Right to information: You can request information about your personal data that is processed by us at any time. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data and the categories of contractors to whom your data has been or will be disclosed.
- Right to correction: You may at any time request the correction of inaccurate or the completion of your personal data stored by us.
- Right to erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal data stored by us at any time unless, however, processing is necessary to meet a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to transferability: You may at any time receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request its transfer to another person in charge.
- Right to complain: You can also complain to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) at any time.
Please note that we can only provide you with such information if you provide us with your full first and last name, your current and, if applicable, your old address, your date of birth and your e-mail address. This information is used exclusively for the purposes of comparison and thus protects you against unauthorized third parties receiving your personal data.
Up-to-date and amendment of the Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy is in effect at present and was last updated in January 2021.
Due to the further development of our website and our offers or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this Data Protection Policy. We endeavor to update the Policy on a continuous basis.