Next info event: Thursday, 25 January 2018 – Register here
Teaching positions: We are looking for a French teacher!
At Hull’s School, we pride ourselves on our passionate, dedicated, highly-qualified, highly professional teaching staff, who work together in a spirit of friendly, supportive collegiality and typically stay with us for the remainder of their teaching careers. That’s why our school offers stability and a long institutional memory, and those are important elements in the Hull’s School success story. But the real core of our success lies in this:
Our students tell us - over and over again - that it’s clear to them that our teachers really and truly care about them.
We are a growing school with growing needs. If you are a teacher and you think Hull’s School might be a good fit for you, Academic Director Jack Wildemann would be very glad to receive your cover letter and CV at email@example.com
A few basic facts about teaching at Hull’s:
Hull’s School teachers mostly prepare their students for International GCSE and/or A-Level examinations (Pearson/Edexcel). Students who achieve sufficiently high marks on an appropriate mix of examinations qualify to attend the best universities all over the world, including all Swiss, EU, American, Canadian and British universities, including Russell group universities.
English classes also prepare students for Cambridge exams, especially First Certificate and Proficiency.
Our classes consist mostly of Swiss German students, ages 15 to 19, who do a four-year “Gymnasium” programme at our school. Maximum class size is 16 students.
All classes are conducted solely in English, except of course for the teaching of other languages.
To be considered, teacher applicants must have:
- Swiss or EU citizenship, or a valid Swiss work permit.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in their subject.
- Significant comparable teaching experience, as testified by appropriate references.
- Teacher training (extent and duration negotiable, depending on experience).
- Fluency in English.
- For language teachers (English, German, French): excellent native-speaker level.
Preference is given to teacher applicants who are experienced in:
- Teaching to GCSE, IGCSE and/or A-Level specifications.
- Teaching subjects in English to students whose native language is not English.