Next info event: Thursday,  22 November 2018 – Register here

History

Hull's School was founded in 1945 by Dr. James Hull. In 1992 Dr. Hull handed over the school to his son, Robin Hull, in order to spend the last ten years of his life completing his magnum opus, a study of the works of the English 20th century writer Aldous Huxley. ‘Aldous Huxley - Representative Man' was published in 2004 by the International Aldous Huxley Society and received by specialists all over the world as a major contribution to Huxley studies.

In the 90s Hull's School became one of the larger independent schools in German Switzerland. 1997 saw the purchase of a building close to the Zürich Opera House in the town centre, at Seehofstr. 3.

After the successful launch of an Adult College based on the British curriculum (IGCSEs and A-levels) Hull's School started an English 10th grade programme for Swiss and international teenagers which became part of a four-year programme leading up to the British university entrance examinations (A-levels). Hull's School established itself as Zürich's 1st English College.

The demand was so great that a second campus in Falkenstrasse 28a was opened in the town centre, a stone's throw from Bahnhof Stadelhofen.

Hull's School is not only known for its English college, but also for its language school, now known as academia Zürich, which has recently celebrated its 60th anniversary. We work closely with academia Zürich and its subsidiary, academia learning, to arrange for individual student solutions, additional academic support for college students and Gymnasium preparation.